Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
Patients may elect to undergo abdominoplasty with Dr. Betty Kim for many reasons including:
- excess abdominal skin following weight loss
- abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise
- stretched stomach muscles and skin from pregnancy
- desire for a thinner profile
- desire to fit into clothes better
An abdominoplasty can be as simple as excising excess skin in the lower abdomen without having to reposition your belly button or depending on your anatomy, tightening your six-pack muscles in the midline (these can spread apart with pregnancy) along with skin and fat excision with re-siting of your belly button. There are a number of options to consider, including whether or not other procedures, such as liposuction or breast augmentation or lift, should be performed at the same time for your best result. Dr. Betty Kim will discuss your concerns and explain the details of your body contouring procedure with or without liposuction.