Patients in Beverly Hills, CA may choose Dr. Betty Kim to perform your breast augmentation for several reasons including:
- loss of breast volume following pregnancy or significant weight loss
- previous breast augmentation with saline-filled implants and and a desire to exchange your current implants for silicone gel-filled implants
- to balance an asymmetry that you were born with or breasts that have become more asymmetric with age
Breast augmentation can:
- restore breast projection or fullness
- establish a better proportion to your overall figure
- enhance your body image and confidence
Breast augmentation is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed today. Women elect to undergo breast augmentation for different reasons, including motivations such as to achieve breast symmetry and to replace reduced breast mass after pregnancy or surgery. Over time, factors such as age, genetics, pregnancy, weight changes, and gravity can cause the size and shape of the breast to change.
Women who are dissatisfied with the size of their breasts, or have experienced changes in breast appearance can achieve a fuller, shapelier breast with breast augmentation. This procedure may be combined with others such as a breast lift, tummy tuck, and/or liposuction for more satisfying results. It is important to realize that breast augmentation cannot correct significantly sagging or drooping breasts. In these instances, a breast lift is often necessary and may be performed in conjunction with this procedure.
Implants are silicone shells filled with either saline (salt water) or silicone gel (re-approved by the FDA for cosmetic use). They are placed behind each breast, underneath either breast tissue or the chest wall (pectoralis) muscle. This can help to increase or balance the size of the breast, restore breast volume, or restore the shape of the breast after partial or total loss.