About Dr. Kim
Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, Dr. Elizabeth (Betty) Kim attended the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Medicine and subsequently completed her training in plastic surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Specializing in both aesthetic and reconstructive procedures, Dr. Kim treats adults and children. She conducts the most effective of the latest techniques including the pinch lower lid blepharoplasty, and tumescent facelift which decreases bleeding, bruising, and discomfort post-operatively. Dr. Kim performs body contouring surgeries including liposuction, abdominoplasty, and mommy makeovers among others.
Published in plastic surgery journals and textbooks, Dr. Kim has presented her work on innovative blepharoplasty techniques as well as breast reconstruction utilizing free flaps at regional and national plastic surgery conferences. Dr. Kim’s creativity, dedication, and empathy combine to help her patients choose the appropriate procedure for the appropriate reason.
- B.A., University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Molecular and Cellular Biology, cum laude
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Alpha Omega Alpha (top 10% of medical school class)
- Intern and Resident in General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Resident in Plastic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor, USC, Keck School of Medicine
- American Society of Plastic Surgery