Patients in Beverly Hills, CA may consider a facelift for a variety of reasons:
- reduce visible signs of aging such as jowls and deep nasolabial folds and restore a more youthful appearance
- minimize wrinkles and frown lines
- tighten the underlying facial support system and remove excess skin on the face
- enhance confidence and self-image
Facial aging is due to a variety of factors including:
- loss of skin elasticity and firmness from sun exposure, hereditary factors, and lifestyle (smoking and weight changes among others)
- gravity causing sagging of the skin and underlying tissue
- volume loss in your face due to the natural aging process
These same factors affect the longevity of your facelift.
Visible signs of aging can greatly impact how we feel about ourselves and how others see us. If you are bothered by the loss of youthful contours in the mid face, jaw line and neck, a face lift may be right for you. In general, a face lift corrects and repositions sagging facial skin, fat, and muscles, and removes excess skin to restore a more youthful, rested, and natural appearance. This procedure is often combined with a neck lift for improvements under the chin. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
Tumescent facelift is a novel technique practiced by Dr. Kim that utilizes a fluid containing vasoconstrictors and anesthetic infiltrated beneath the skin to aid the surgical dissection, decrease bleeding, bruising, and discomfort post-operatively. Many patients elect to combine their facelift procedure with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as fat grafting, brow lift, eyelid surgery, and/or rhinoplasty. Schedule your cosmetic consultation today to find out which procedures are most appropriate for your goals.