Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, Dr. Elizabeth (Betty) Kim attended the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Medicine and subsequently completed her training in plastic surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
She conducts the most effective and latest techniques for both aesthetic and reconstructive procedures. Dr. Kim specializes in breast reconstruction in the setting of mastectomy for breast cancer and prophylaxis, lumpectomy and revision reconstruction surgery. She is a strong proponent of pre-pectoral breast reconstruction in both the primary and revision setting. Making her patients feel whole and beautiful after mastectomy reconstruction is a true passion. She strives for better than pre-op every time. That drive has resulted in building an armamentarium of special techniques that allow consistent and beautiful results for cases simple and challenging, cosmetic and reconstructive. Dr. Kim also performs body contouring surgeries including breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, liposuction, abdominoplasty, and combination surgeries (“mommy makeover).
Past publications and presentations include those on blepharoplasty and breast reconstruction techniques. Lending her expertise to industry, Dr. Kim serves as a consultant to companies such as Allergan and Sientra to help in making products and experience better for her patients and the public. Dr. Kim’s creativity, dedication, and empathy combine to help her patients choose the right procedure for the right reasons.
- B.A., University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Molecular and Cellular Biology, cum laude
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Alpha Omega Alpha (top 10% of medical school class)
- Intern and Resident in General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Resident in Plastic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor, USC, Keck School of Medicine
- Los Angeles Magazine 2022 Top Doctor
- American Board of Plastic Surgery